Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baccaluareate June 13, 2010


They came in as the orchestra played Pomp and Circumstance Op. 39 No. 4 in G by Edward Elgar and then sang the National Athem... and as the words were coming out of my mouth, my eyes started to tear up. I was thinking of patriotic images of soldiers who are fighting for our freedom, and for my daughter to graduate from high school. WHAT a thought! I think I am just being sentimental, but I think I heard people cracking their voices as they were singing, so maybe I wasn't the only one...

Co-Principals Lew Kerns and Sandy Blazer came out and congratulated the Class of 2010. It was a great way to start!








The orchestra played "Over the Rainbow" and I don't think I have heard a better rendition, it was smooth and sweet...!




Theresa Ly, gave a speech on life via facebook..and what picture is on your profile...what will be on your profile next thursday, next week, next year, 5 years, 10 years.....








Candlelight ceremony - Christina Pham, Katelyn Ctvrtlik, Tessa Patel, Toni Marie Koulos, and Rosana Osario. They were having problems lighting the candles, but they finally got them lit.




Blessing of the CLASS of 2010
Cortney Bishop (gold robe) and Megan McDonnell
...."May the road rise up to meet you...."
More pictures tomorrow... :D

No comments: